0.9 version of the stream handbook:
Before you start streaming, make sure you are aware of the Twitch guide lines about the content you are going to be showing. As iCare. we will follow these rules! https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/community-guidelines/
If you have any doubts about what you are going to stream, please consult with one of the other streamers and discuss your idea.
As a gaming community keep in mind that we too adopt the 0 hacking/cheating policy! So don’t go on twitch to show off your incredible hacks.
Before you start streaming make sure you check off the following things:
– How long are you going to stream? (half an hour, hour?)
– Reserve the slot in the iCare calendar!
– What are you going to stream?
– Check if you have topics to talk about, try and avoid “awkward silences”.
– Check the news pages for “hot topics”
– Write down some topics you really like to talk about
– Are you streaming alone or with someone else?
– Make sure you (all) know what you are going to do, share the talking topics beforehand
– Have you checked the technical availability of what you need?
– TS working?
– Twitch working?
– Game working?
Make sure you do a short introduction, what are people watching, who is hosting and who are your guests.
And never, ever, ever start the stream late!
It’s best to start 5 minutes early than 5 minutes late.
Have the stream be entertaining for yourself, have fun in what you do! This will show on the stream.
And don’t forget, you prepared for this, if you don’t know what to talk about, if technical difficulties arise, make it work for you!
Make sure you do a short outro, when will people be able to “tune in” again, where can they find more information about you(us) and what can you tell them about the next stream?